Sunday, October 11, 2009

What exactly is heel lift?

I'm new to snowboarding and I'm looking for new boots. What exactly is heel lift? I've read descriptions and definitions of it, but I'm not clear on what it actually is in context. For example, how would I test for heel lift at the store when trying on boots? Simply leaning forward? I tried standing on my toes wearing the boots and my heel slides up a bit (Burton Motos)... is that heel lift?





Experience level: rented gear and went riding once...

What exactly is heel lift?
Heel lift is when you lean forward and you feel your heels lift out of the heel cup and off the sole. Because of this, you won't get the same power and response of a better fitting boot.





Tighten your laces up all the way, as if you were preparing for a day on the mountain, then bend your knees and lean forward slightly. If you feel your heel moving up, try half a size or so smaller or a different brand of line of boot. Different companies have different fitting boots.
Reply:heel lift is when you are doing a turn and your heel comes up out of its spot in the boot and lifts up. Not slides forward , mind you. To test this have someone hold your boot firmly to the floor. Then make as if going in for a toe turn. If your heel does wfhat I just described you have heel lift. To be sure while they're still holding your foot down see if you can lift your heel more than a few centimeters.



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment