Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can anyone help with this snowboard questiion?

I have been riding a k2 union for 2 years i have a boot size of 11 thats why i got a wide board. I love this board as far as freeriding goes. I weigh about 225 my board is a 167 for this reason but when i am in the park i feel like it may be alittle big especially while riding pipes i don't feel im cutting as fast as i could. My main question is after riding a 167 wide for 2 years would it be usefull to switch to a shorter board or should i go to a regular waist instead of a wide?

Can anyone help with this snowboard questiion?
I weigh 135, im 5'9" my boot size is 11, and my main board is 162 (Winterstick AM), but when I do park I ride a shorter board (158) neither of my boards are wide. It realy depends on prefrence, but for twists/flips you would be realy better off with a shorter board, but it also depends on your height. If you are taller than 6' dont get anything shorter than 158.





A shorter board WILL help you progress in pipes, and spins/flips, but it wouldnt be worth it if you spend most of your time in the backcountry or carving.



maintenance repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment