Friday, March 12, 2010

How cold does it have to be to get frostbite/nip?

I live in Chicago and I dog walk for a living. Some may know already that we are freezing over here in windchills between -5 and -30. I make sure I bundle really well but I ride my bike for work too so I am always cold. The last couple of days my big toes have been in so much pain on my way home that I want to scream. The nails look a little greyish when I first take off my boots but then return to normal after a while. I feel like I am being dramatic though so I am just wondering if this is something i should be serious about or not + what can I do, I already wear 2 pairs of socks w/ winter boots?

How cold does it have to be to get frostbite/nip?
As long as they return to normal its just really cold. You'll know if you ever get frostbite - its painful to touch even after hours inside and then it starts peeling and all that -lol almost like sunburn really. Maybe get new boots lol, because some shoes will contain the warmth generated by your feet better than others.
Reply:It doesn't take long in this frigid weather,add in the wind chill,its even less time. I would see my Doctor,its impossible for you to know or any other person to know for sure especially here.Take care. SW RNP



office chair

No comments:

Post a Comment