Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Snowboard size? Where to buy? I'm in socal and will ride BigBear/snowsummit the most with Mammoth occasionally

I have a bunch of friends at work that have been snowboarding for a little over 5 years. I am going with them to Big Bear by the end of next month and need as much help as possible. First off I need to know what size to go with length and width? I'm 6'0 190-200. Any particular model to go with? Whats the difference between cheap bindings and high dollar bindings? They just hold you to the board so whats the difference? Boots suggestions? I went to skidazzle last year and saw alot of sales should I rent my first time or just buy right away at skidazzle? What does it cost to rent the basics bindings, boots and a board? Any good reading I can look at online? What are some top snowboard online suppliers?





Sorry for the million questions I just like to be as informed as possible.





Thanks everyone!!!

Snowboard size? Where to buy? I'm in socal and will ride BigBear/snowsummit the most with Mammoth occasionally
wow, lots of questions. so does everyone thats new. your friends havent made suggestions? Judging by your size and height your probly gonna wanna be on a board thats 160cm. some where in that area altho it might be a bit tuff for a beginner. cheap binding Vs good bindings... tru both hold you to board but HOW WELL? cheap might break. i would say rent or borrow first few times so you can find out what you like and dont. Renting used to cost about 50 dollars.
Reply:Go shopping for this stuff with your friends because they will know what to get for you if they have been snowboarding this long. It's harder to tell just by knowing your height. Get a board that is about up to your chin but maybe a little shorter for you because you are so tall. When you first start out you dont need an expensive board. And the high price bindings are just preferences that some people like. Get a cheap pair now and then get a more expensive pair that will fit what you like once you are good at snowboarding.



scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment