Friday, November 6, 2009

Need help finding a board?

I'm looking to get a new board and could use some ideas.


I'm 6'3", 205 lbs. Size 12-13 boot. Right now I have a 1999 168 Burton Canyon. I absolutely love this board. Now that I have been riding for awhile, I'd like to get something that fits me and my style a little better.


Love the feel of the Canyon, has great pop to it. Excellent all around board and easy to carve with. Love it in the powder.


The cons, almost too much pop when it comes to slightly iced over tracks, almost uncontollable at times. Also a bit too heavy.


I'd like to find something around 160-164 thats a lot lighter. Something I can abuse. I like free mountain riding-starting to get into backcountry/cliff drops out west. Half pipe here in WI but not really into rails. Maybe the occasional down tree out west tho. I like to ride fast and aggressive. All in all, something a bit shorter, but still wide. Lighter and a bit tighter. Any ideas?? Local board shop has a good loan/rent set up so a few choices would be nice.

Need help finding a board?
Your a Big guy like myself and I used to ride a Trucker but last year I went to a NeverSummer Legacy.NeverSummer is American made not China like 97% of boards you'll see on the slopes.I tell you man it's the best I've ever dream of,it's great for the powder,ice,and ever thing in between.I've been riding 10 years been on several boards and it's the best by far.
Reply:I'll be watching this post as well - I have the Canyon and love it as well. The only other Board I liked just as much was the K2 Trucker. And I don't think they make it any more....





I have to 2nd Wesley A's answer -I also heard great things about NS, and they are right here in my home state. Looks like I'll be heading up to Copper on the 18th to Demo - Thanks Wesley A



selling

No comments:

Post a Comment